…read the instructions.
I usually do read the instructions but I was impatient and thought I knew what I was doing.
I was making a fabric portrait from a sketch I had done on my iPad. I had hand appliqued the first quilted face I did (here) and wanted do more. For this one I was using iron on adhesive and I couldn’t get it to stick. After talking to some friends who had used the product (HeatnBond) and reading the instructions I realized that I was using too hot an iron. Everything went smoothly after I lowered the heat setting on my iron.
Recently All Dolled Up presented a quilt made by the members to our former president, Margo. The theme was faces. I contributed the following block.
The fabric hair is three-dimensional; it is tacked down at the bottom of each curl. The eyes are beaded.
Visit the All Dolled Up blog to see the quilt and close-ups of each block.