Blog Archives

Sherry – Time Out for an Experiment

I was having trouble getting the torso to fit and look the way I wanted.  In between versions I used one that didn’t work (and wasn’t finished) to experiment.  I covered the upper part with Golden Absorbent Ground (White), let it dry, and painted it with watercolour paints.  The Absorbent Ground covered body took the paint very much like watercolour paper.  I will need some practice in order to learn how to adjust for the 3D body as the paint likes to flow downhill.  With a body, no matter which way you position it, there is always somewhere the paint can flow.

After the initial painting I used the Absorbent Ground to add white dots over the already painted surface.  I then added dots of watercolour to create the necklace.

The lower section of the torso is painted directly onto the untreated fabric.

The torso finally got done.

I ended up adding darts after it was attached and stuffed. You can see the purple marks of the air erasable pen still showing.   I marked the darts and then ladder stitch them together. there is another dart in the back.

%d bloggers like this: