Here are 2 of the 4 pieces embroidered from the pattern I created last week.
So the resulting shape is a little twisted.
I took out the piece with the inset and sewed it back together.
I went back to the pattern and fixed it up and stitched out another version which looks more like what I originally had in mind.
I will add bases and stuff these, add heads and maybe arms.
I found some bottles in the local thrift shop that had interesting shapes. I could see a doll in one of them so I decided to copy the shape.
In order to make a pattern from the bottle, I first cover it in Glad Press’n Seal® with the sticky side out. Then I cover that with duct tape. The bottom of the bottle is also covered.
I wanted to use the top as a head so I covered that as well. I didn’t want the flare at the top of the bottle so that isn’t covered. I cut the Press’n Seal/Duct tape cover off the bottle and top, divided it in half and then in quarters. I used one quarter, and cut darts to make it lie flat.
All that is left to do is trace the pattern. I usually scan it and digitize it in my software to create an embroidery pattern, but I could also add seam allowances and use fabric to make the bottle.