I’ve been writing up a pattern for my sea horses.
Some might not want to do the free motion fins (even though it isn’t hard and it’s a lot of fun) so I’ll be including instructions on using ribbon for the fins and beads and sequins for the eyes.
This will be my first pattern. It is quite simple and, therefore, a good place to start.
I recently opened my beading tray to do some beading and found a face pin that I had started months ago but never finished.
I always start with the eyes, nose and mouth. I next add any large pattern areas
before filling in the rest of the face. Then I add the hair.
When all the beading is done, I sew a pin onto some cutaway stabilizer and sew that onto the back of the pin.
This week I thought I would show you the wet felted piece that didn’t make it into my doll club’s two colour challenge. (Challenge is described here.)
After choosing the colours and felting the piece I did some free motion embroidery in places and added green beads in others.
I then decided to do some hand embroidery to add some contrast. I added some french knots among the green beads.
Once I abandoned the idea of using just 2 colours I added the orange beads.
I have completed 2 dolls this past week. Both are based on bottle shapes and have been seen here in their unfinished forms.
This is what the dolls looked like the last time you saw them.
For Passion I removed the panel and then emphasized the twist with beading.
Sherry involved a lot more work. I made free motion large flowers and leaves. I tried to do some smaller ones in free motion, but ended up using my embroidery software and machine embroidering them. They all had to be sewn on by hand with invisible thread.