Monthly Archives: June 2013

Melinda the Dancing Frog

This is my second dancing frog.

Melinda the Dancing Frog

Melinda the Dancing Frog

For the first frog (Mikhail) I dyed the fabric with coloured India inks.  This time I used Derwent Inktense Blocks.

I dampened a sponge, coloured it with the broad side of the Inktense block and then wiped it on the  fabric.  I then heat set the fabric with an iron.

Melinda - Detail

Melinda – Detail

For the frog skin, I used 2 different shades of green. The original fabric was white and blue. The leotard was a cream-cloloured 4 way stretch fabric.

Melinda the Dancing Frog

Melinda the Dancing Frog

Three Little Maids

I  made a  centrepiece for a table at the banquet for the Fabri-licious Retreat I mentioned in my last post.

free- motion embroidered centrepiece

There are three cloth heads, painted with chalk pastels.

embroidered-lace-centrepiece

The flower petals and leaves are free-motion embroidery.

%d bloggers like this: