Sherry – Time Out for an Experiment

I was having trouble getting the torso to fit and look the way I wanted.  In between versions I used one that didn’t work (and wasn’t finished) to experiment.  I covered the upper part with Golden Absorbent Ground (White), let it dry, and painted it with watercolour paints.  The Absorbent Ground covered body took the paint very much like watercolour paper.  I will need some practice in order to learn how to adjust for the 3D body as the paint likes to flow downhill.  With a body, no matter which way you position it, there is always somewhere the paint can flow.

After the initial painting I used the Absorbent Ground to add white dots over the already painted surface.  I then added dots of watercolour to create the necklace.

The lower section of the torso is painted directly onto the untreated fabric.

The torso finally got done.

I ended up adding darts after it was attached and stuffed. You can see the purple marks of the air erasable pen still showing.   I marked the darts and then ladder stitch them together. there is another dart in the back.

Posted on January 30, 2012, in Figurative Art, Uncategorized and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: